The GM20Now Project
GREENMEADOW IS GETTING ITS BIGGEST RENOVATION EVER!
We have big things planned for 2018.
The Greenmeadow pool is closed for our biggest renovation ever, as we update our pool and build a brand-new clubhouse. The pool is scheduled to reopen by April 1, 2018. Members have access to Eichler Club in the meantime.
Our new clubhouse is designed to create multiple gathering spaces for our community and to better integrate the pool with the lovely adjacent park area. This new facility is scheduled to open in October 2018. Construction in this area will be fenced off from the main pool area over the spring and summer, so swim activities will continue as normal.
Features of this new construction include:
- Three new dining areas
- Two outdoor barbecues
- Outdoor drinking fountain by park and pool
- New bathrooms accessible from both park and pool
- Landscaping and benches by the park
- Spacious great room surrounded by windows overlooking pool and park
- Large service area with refrigerator, freezer, and more
- Serving window opening out to pool-side walkway
- Ample storage for event tables and chairs
The pool, last renovated 30 years ago, will be getting:
- New deck, with ADA-compliant ramps and lift
- New pool lining and tile
- New paint on all buildings
- Refreshed parking lot
- Updated lighting and electrical system
- Improved chemical storage
- New equipment in pump room
- New trash enclosure
YOUR HELP NEEDED!
Please pick up a yard sign and/or make a tax deductible donation to support our effort.
A project this size relies on help from the whole community. Our Capital Campaign seeks to raise $250K to purchase the finishing touches that will transform the pool and clubhouse facility into the heart of our community. Your donations will be used for furnishings, appliances, landscaping, and more, to create the gathering spaces and event areas that will serve our community. Donations are much needed and greatly appreciated. We will also be looking for people to chip in with events, plantings, and more. There are many ways to support this effort.